Tuesday, May 22, 2007

An Encounter




I lived away from home since I was working in the city. I stayed in a boarding house, just the simple one and ten minutes from my workplace. The place before was burned two years ago but now reconstructed. It was a two storey house, the boarders are situated in the upper storey made of wood and the owner stayed in the lower part made of concrete facade. It has seven rooms.

My room was located in the far right end just overlooking a terrace. My first stay was unusual. I sensed something strange. Usually at night, I could hear the tapping of shoes in the center aisle and the steps of footprints just near my door in the hallway and then vanished. Not only that, I could hear the scratching of the wall and even the roof.

I usually out from work at dawn around 3:00 o’clock. My beau was with me. As we were about to go upstairs, someone was following behind our back, a filthy old woman carrying a basket. We moved fast, she moved hastily with a sad looking face intruding our place and went upstairs to the bathroom.

One Saturday night, I stayed in the boarding house to wash away my clothes. It was about past twelve midnight when I was finished. I was alone in the comfort room, as I opened the door, only to find out that old woman again standing right behind the door. My heart beats faster; I felt shocked and moved directly to the terrace to hang my clothes. That old woman was not there anymore so I went to the kitchen to brush my teeth. I felt strange in my back as if someone was watching me. I heard someone is approaching, I could hear the footsteps in my back..my nerves were cracking. I could feel the coldness in my neck; I looked back but found nothing. I held a small mirror just to glance my teeth...only to see a strange face, ugly as it could be in the mirror behind my back. I shouted with all my might and left everything there without turning back. Running to my room and locked it immediately. I felt shocked and unable to sleep. That was my greatest nightmare of all, my encounter, unknowingly terrified. Was it a ghost? A witch? An intruder? This question lies in my memory and wanting for answer.



As Featured On Ezine Articles


An Encounter
By: Cheryl Estorgio

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...